Pradhana Mantri Ujjwala yojana 2021 : Pradhana Mantri Ujjwala yojana is the govt scheme launched in 2016 by prime minister Narendra Modi,The scheme originally envisaged the distribution of 50 million LPG connections to women below the poverty line. Later, it aimed to provide LPG connections to eight crore women by March 2020. However, this target was achieved seven months prior, in September 2019.
Details of Pradhana Mantri Ujjwala yojana 2021
|Date of Launching||1st May 2016|
|Launched by||Pradana mantri Nanendra modi|
|Oil Companies Participate||BPCL, HPCL AND IOCL|
|Govt Ministry||Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
Some of the major benefits provided by Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana are:
- It provides five crore LPG connections to families below the poverty line.
- Financial support of Rs 1600 is provided by the scheme for each LPG connection for BPL households. The administrative cost of this support is borne by the Government. This subsidy is meant for the security fee for the cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose, and other fitting charges.
- Under the scheme, oil marketing companies also provide interest-free loans for refilling and purchasing stoves.
- The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana covers all the BPL families that come under all forms of distributorship and distributes various sizes of cylinders (14.2 kg, 5 kg, etc.) as per the field situation.
- The benefits of this scheme are also available for the people of all Hilly States including the NE States (who are treated as ‘Priority States’).
- The scheme effectively addresses several difficulties faced by the people in the States of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, and Tripura in accessing LPG for cooking purposes.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched for providing clean fuel to women below the poverty line. The use of unclean cooking fuel is harmful to human health. The aims of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana are given below:
- To empower women and protect their health.
- To minimize health issues arising from the use of unclean fossil fuel and other fuel while cooking.
- To control indoor pollution from the use of fossil fuel which causes respiratory issues.
- To prevent degradation of the purity of the environment that is compromised by widespread usage of unclean cooking fuel.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Any applicant who fulfils the below-mentioned criteria is eligible to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- The applicant must be a woman aged above 18 years. She must also be a citizen of India.
- She should belong to a family below the poverty line and no one else from the household should own an LPG connection.
- The overall monthly income of the family should not exceed a certain limit that is prescribed by the UT/State Governments.
- The applicant’s name should be in the list of SECC-2011 and should also match with the information provided in the BPL database of the oil marketing companies.
- The applicant should not be registered under any other similar scheme provided by the government.
Apart from the above, the applicant should also submit a set of documents indicating her BPL status, identity, etc.
|Apply Online||Go to the Page|
Thanks for Visiting our website.