Shakti Smart Card:- The Karnataka government has announced the guidelines for the Shakti Scheme. The Shakti scheme is an initiative of the state government to provide free bus rides to the women of the state. Females can travel freely but with certain conditions, like reservation of 50% seats for men using this card. Providing a free bus facility is the promise of the government made at the time of the Karnataka Assembly elections. It is announced that women can use the facility from June 11. Further details related to ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್ are mentioned below in this article.
Details of Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card
|Name of the article
|Shakti Smart Card
|Women of the state
|To provide free transport facility.
|ಸೇವಾ ಸಿಂಧು (karnataka.gov.in)
Objective of ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್
The main purpose of the state government to make travel easy for the women of the state. Through Shakti Smart Card. Females will be able to travel easily as it will show their identity.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Benefits
- With the help of this card, the residents can easily travel on the buses.
- The ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್ will reveal the identity of an individual.
- The card will work as proof that the individual belongs to Karnataka state only.
- It will display the name of the resident, gender, and address.
Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card Eligibility Criteria
- Women of the state are allowed to take benefit of the card.
- It is necessary for an individual to be from Karnataka state.
- Students can also apply for the ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸ್ಮಾರ್ಟ್ ಕಾರ್ಡ್.
- Transgender community people are permitted to apply for the card.
Important Documents for Shakti Smart Card
- Identity proof like Aadhaar card
- Latest photograph
- State domicile
Buses Allowed for ‘Shakti’ Scheme
- Karnataka State Road Transportation Corporation (KSRTC)
- Bengaluru Metropolitan Transportation Corporation (BMTC)
- Northwest Road Transportation Corporation (NWRTC)
- Kalyana Karnataka Road Transportation Corporation (KKRTC).
Buses not Allowed in ‘Shakti’ scheme
- Buses travelling outside the state
- Luxury buses
- Sleeper buses including both AC and non-AC
- Vayu Vajra
- EV Power Plus (AC)
How to Apply Online for Seva Sindhu Shakti Smart Card
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Seva Sindhu portal, i. https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, you have to click on the apply for Shakti smart card option.
- A new page will open on the screen where you have to enter your login details if you are already registered.
- If you are not already registered on the portal, click on the new registration option.
- Enter the details to be filled-in in the application form.
- Now after successful registration, login with the details and apply for the card.