The KSET syllabus varies for each subject, and the syllabus for Paper-I is common for all candidates. The following is a general overview of the KSET syllabus:
- Teaching Aptitude: Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements; Learner’s characteristics; Factors affecting teaching; Methods of teaching; Teaching aids; Evaluation systems.
- Research Aptitude: Research: Meaning, characteristics, and types; Steps of research; Methods of research; Research ethics; Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference, and symposium.
- Reading Comprehension: A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
- Communication: Communication: Nature, types, and characteristics of communication; Effective communication; Barriers to communication; Mass media and society.
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical): Number series; Letter series; Codes; Relationships; Classification.
- Logical Reasoning: Understanding the structure of arguments; Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning; Verbal analogies: Word analogy – Applied analogy; Verbal classification; Reasoning logical diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multidiagrammatic relationship; Venn diagram; Analytical reasoning
- Data Interpretation: Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data; Quantitative and qualitative data; Graphical representation and mapping of data.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT): ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages, and uses; General abbreviations and terminology; Basics of the Internet and e-mail.
The syllabus for Paper-II varies depending on the subject chosen by the candidate. The detailed syllabus for each subject can be found on the official website of KSET. Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus thoroughly before starting their preparation for the exam.
Download KSET PDF Complete Syllabus Here:
|13||Library & Information Science||Download|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||Download|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|26||Mathematical Science *||Download|
KSET Syllabus 2023
The KSET Syllabus is important to the student to urge more knowledge about the lectureship and about the professor. The Syllabus of the KSET Exam is given to the candidate before the Examination of KSET 2023. within the KSET Syllabus, there are three sorts of paper – paper-1, paper-2, and paper-3. below given details about the three papers can assist you to get some more idea that three papers which go to be held during this Exam.
Syllabus for General Paper:
- Teaching Aptitude:
- Teaching: Nature,
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems
- Research Aptitude:
- Methods of research
- Research Ethics
- Research: Meaning, characteristics, and types
- Steps of research
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference, and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
- Reading Comprehension:
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective classroom communication.
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical):
- letter series
- Number series
- Logical Reasoning:
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word Analogy-Applied analogy
- diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation:
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages, and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing
- People and Environment:
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration:
- formal and distance education
- professional/technical and general education
- Structure of the institutions of higher learning and research in India
- value education: governance, polity, and administration
- concept, institutions, and their interactions
Syllabus for Commerce:
- Unit 1 – Business Environment and International Business
- Unit 2 – Accounting and Auditing
- Unit 3 – Business Economics
- Unit 4 – Business Finance
- Unit 5 – Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Unit 6 – Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Unit 7 – Banking and Financial Institutions
- Unit 8 – Marketing Management
- Unit 9 – Legal Aspects of Business
- Unit 10 – Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
Syllabus for Economics:
- Unit 1 – Micro Economics
- Unit 2 – Macroeconomics
- Unit 3 – Statistics and Econometrics
- Unit 4 – Mathematical Economics
- Unit 5 – International Economics
- Unit 6 – Public Economics
- Unit 7 – Money and Banking
- Unit 8 – Growth and Development Economics
- Unit 9 – Environmental Economics and Demography
- Unit 10 – Indian Economy
Syllabus for English:
- Unit 1 – Drama
- Unit 2 – Poetry
- Unit 3 – Fiction, Short story
- Unit 4 – Non-Fictional Prose
- Unit 5 – Languages: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
- Unit 6 – English in India: history, evolution, and futures
- Unit 7 – Cultural Studies
- Unit 8 – Literary Criticism
- Unit 9 – Literary Theory post World War II
- Unit 10 – Research Methods and Materials in English
Syllabus for Social Work:
- Unit 1 -Nature and Development of Social Work.
- Unit 2 – Society, Human Behavior and Communities.
- Unit 3 – Social Work with Individuals and Groups.
- Unit 4 -Social Work with Communities and Social Action.
- Unit 5 -Research in Social Work: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches.
- Unit 6 -Administration, Welfare,e, and Development Services.
- Unit 7 -Social Policy, Planning, and Social Development.
- Unit 8 -Indian Constitution, Social Justice, Human Rights, and Social Work Practice.
- Unit 9 – Areas of Social Work Practice I.
- Unit 10 -Areas of Social Work Practice II.
Syllabus for Environmental Science:
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Environmental Sciences
- Unit 2 – Environmental Chemistry
- Unit 3 – Environmental Biology
- Unit 4 – Environmental Geosciences
- Unit 5 – Energy and Environment
- Unit 6 – Environmental Pollution and Control
- Unit 7 – Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Subject Code: 29
- Unit 8 – Environmental Assessment, Management, and Legislation
- Unit 9 – Statistical Approaches and Modelling in Environmental Sciences
- Unit 10 – Contemporary Environmental Issues Unit –I: Fundamentals of Environmental Sciences
Syllabus for Political Science:
- Unit 1 – political theory
- Unit 2 – political thought
- Unit 3 – Indian political thought
- Unit 4 – Comparative political analysis
- Unit 5 – International Relations
- Unit 6 – India’s foreign policy
- Unit 7 – Political institutions in India
- Unit 8 – Political process in India
- Unit 9 – Public Administration
- Unit 10 – Governance and public policy in India
Syllabus for Sociology:
- Unit 1 – Sociological Theory
- Unit 2 – Research Methodology and Methods
- Unit 3 – Basic concepts and Institutions
- Unit 4 – Rural and Urban transformation
- Unit 5 – State, Politics and Development
- Unit 6 – Economy and Society
- Unit 7 – Environmental and Society
- Unit 8 – Family, marriage,e, and kinship
- Unit 9 – Science technology and society
- Unit 10 – Culture and Symbolic transformations
Syllabus for Geography:
- Unit 1 – Geomorphology
- Unit 2 – Climatology
- Unit 3 – Oceanography
- Unit 4 – Geography of Environmental
- Unit 5 – Population and settlement geography
- Unit 6 – Geography of economic activities and regional development
- Unit 7 – Cultural, social and political geography
- Unit 8 – Geographic Thoughts
- Unit 9 – Geographic Techniques
- Unit 10 – Geography of India
Recommended Books for KSET 2023
Applicants who will participate in the upcoming KSET 2023 Examination can refer to these books mentioned below. Important books for the preparation of the entrance exam are as follows;
SYLLABUS AND QUESTION PAPER FOR KSET:
a) Syllabus: Syllabus for all the KSET subjects can be downloaded from the KSET website http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. or from the direct link provided above.
b) In case of any discrepancy found in the Kannada translation of a question booklet the question in the English version shall be taken as final.
How to download KSET Syllabus 2023
- Go to the official website: Visit the official website of KSET, which is kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- Click on “Syllabus”: On the homepage, click on the “Syllabus” tab, which is located at the top of the page.
- Select the Subject: Click on the subject for which you want to download the syllabus. You will be redirected to a new page.
- Download the Syllabus: On the new page, you will find the syllabus for the selected subject in PDF format. Click on the “Download” button to download the syllabus.
- Save the Syllabus: Save the downloaded PDF file on your device for future reference.
Candidates can also take a printout of the syllabus for easy reference during their preparation. It is important for candidates to go through the syllabus thoroughly and plan their preparation accordingly.
Thanks for Download and Keep Visiting our website for more updates.