India is the second-largest populated country in the world. Nearly 500 individuals in this country are labourers and contractual workers. These workers are employed in agriculture, construction of buildings, industries, etc. The Ministry of Labour and Employment is one of the Government of India’s oldest and most important Ministries. The Government of India has labour department for different states and issues labour cards to such workers to help and empower their families.
What is Labour Card?
A majority of the Indians earn their livelihood from agriculture and daily wages. The Government of India and all state governments have issued an Identity Card to support them and their families. This card is known as a Labour Card.
The beneficiaries can avail of a variety of services and facilities through this card. To put it another way, a labour card is an identity card issued by the state government’s labour department that takes care of a labourer’s safety, development, education, and security.
Types of Labour Card
The state government typically issues two types of labour cards, namely:
- Building Card
- Social Card
Building Card: A Building Card is available to those who work under the supervision of a licenced contractor. These cardholders are eligible for nearly all of the scheme’s benefits.
Social Card: A Social Card is issued to workers involved in non-building work, agriculture, and farming. These beneficiaries are entitled to Health Insurance Benefits.
State Wise Official Websites of Labour Departments
Given below is a list of state government labour departments:
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Labour Card
To apply for a labour card, you must fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- You should be aged between 18 years and 40 years.
- You should be an unorganised worker.
- You must be a citizen of India.
- You should not be employed in the organised sector or a member of EPF/NPS/ESIC.
- Your monthly salary should not exceed Rs.15,000.
- You must not be an income taxpayer.
- You must be a resident of the state in which you are applying.
Documents Required to Apply for a Labour Card
You need the following documents to apply for a labour card online:
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card (optional)
- Bank account number
- Email ID
- Aadhaar card number of family members
- Mobile number
- Passport size photographs
How to Apply/Register for a Labour Card (online)
Here are the steps to apply for a labour card online:
- Visit the official website of your state’s labour department.
- Look for the ‘New Labour Card Registration’.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose your District.
- Provide your details such as your first name, last name, email address, and mobile number.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Verify your mobile number and email address.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
How to Download Labour Card
Currently, there is no option to download the Labour Card online. You will need to visit the nearest office to get the Labour Card.
Benefits of Labour Card
A labour card comes with the following benefits:
- Free education and life insurance benefits.
- Cardholders can avail of free health insurance under PM Aysuhman Bharat Yojana, Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana, etc.
- Assistance is provided to women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Assistance is provided in the case of death or injury due to an accident.
- Scholarships for children’s education.
- Financial assistance for the purchase of shovels and other types of equipments.
- Home loans can be availed.
- Assistance for skill development.
- Financial assistance for the marriage of the cardholder’s daughter.
Central or State Information: State
Location : Karnataka
Published Date : 2022
Information Term : Short
Purpose of Information : Employee
Information Format : JPJ
Information Size : 672kb
Number of Pages : 02
Scanned Copy : Yes
Information Editable Text : No
Password Protected : No
Image Available : Yes
Download Link Available : Yes
Copy Text : No
Information Print Enable : Yes
File Quality : High
File size Reduced : No
File Password : No
Rate : Free of cost
For Personal Use Only
Save water, Save life’s.!!
Please Note ; We have collected this content from the internet ,for education purpose its very helpful to students, if you find this is copyrighted content and belongs to you please contact to the admin to remove this content from our website.