What is a Birth Certificate?
The birth certificate is an important official document which serves an imperative requirement for every individual. One’s Birth Certificate is also mandatory to avail different services and facilities for living purposes but its primary agenda is to prove one’s age. The online application process to obtain a Birth Certificate in India can be easily pursued especially for an NRI because of the internet. Hence, with the right information, obtaining a birth certificate online will allow an easy approach to a legal representation.
Indian Birth Certificate and its Importance
A Birth Certificate in India is the most significant identity document. It serves to ascertain the date of one’s birth to be used as proof for future references. Birth certificate in India is necessitated for acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools, attaining Government identity documents like driving license or Passport. The certificate may be needed in one of the following instances:
- New born offspring
- Misplacement of primary Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificate was never released
- Looking for admission in educational institutions
- Determining one’s age with any institution
- Immigration requirements like applying for Green Card
- Obtaining miscellaneous certified documents
What are the documents required to get the Birth Certificate in India?
The documents required to get the Birth Certificate in India online are as follows:
- Affidavit of one parent/ relative with details like place, date and time of birth of the person with attested copy
- Attested photocopy of testimony for date of birth like Aadhar card, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license or any other document
- Attested photocopy of identity evidence of one Parent
- Attested copy of identity proof of the candidate
- Proof of address of the location of the birth place along with an attested photocopy
- Signed letter from an authority
9 step procedure to get birth certificate from India online
For the online procedure, the birth has to be informed through the website within 21 days of the occurrence of the event.
- Open the website- crsorgi.gov.in
- Go to the left pane where the signup dialog box will be available.
- Move to General Public Signup and register yourself.
- Fill up all particulars
- If the Registration Unit field would be active and displaying the name, it signifies that your place avails this facility.
- Confirm the registration process and sign in again with the new login password
- A form will emerge to fill the name of the child, parents and location.
- Submit it within 24 hours and keep a soft and hard copy
- Get the form attested by registrar or sub-registrar. This can be done with the help of a trusted power of attorney or any other association handling the NRI legal affairs if an NRI is physically unavailable to be present. Also, this cannot be done by post and should be attested in person only.
Fee structure applicable to obtaining Birth Certificate online in India
- Within 21 days of the event of Birth, there is no fee amount. First copy is provided by the Hospital complimentary.
- After 21 days to 30 days of Birth, Rs. 7 is charged as a late fee.
- After 30 days to within 1 year of the event of Birth, Rs. 10 is charged as a late fee.
- After 1 year of the happening of Birth, SDM Order from local area is required with an additional charge of Rs 15.
- To register name in Birth Certificate, Rs. 10 is charged.
- For Birth Certificate, Rs. 20 is charged for one copy as a fee.
Language : Kannada
Which Department : Education
Central OR State Information: State
Location : Karnataka
Published Date : 2023
Information Term : Short
Purpose of Information : Employee
Information Format : JPJ
Information Size : 672kb
Number of Pages : 02
Scanned Copy : Yes
Information Editable Text : No
Password Protected : No
Image Available : Yes
Download Link Available : Yes
Copy Text : No
Information Print Enable : Yes
File Quality : High
File size Reduced : No
File Password : No
Rate : Free of cost
For Personal Use Only
Save water, Save life’s.!!
Please Note ; We have collected this content from the internet ,for education purpose its very helpful to students, if you find this is copyrighted content and belongs to you please contact to the admin to remove this content from our website.
|Go to the Page
Thanks for Visiting Our website.