The Income Tax Department of India allows PAN card applicants to apply for an e-PAN card instead of a physical PAN card. e-PAN works similar to a physical PAN card and can be submitted for all the financial transactions and domains where it is mandatory to quote a PAN.
What is an e-PAN Card?
e-PAN card or electronic PAN card is the facility offered by the Income Tax department of India. The facility is instant and can be availed by first-time taxpayers. It is to be noted that an e-PAN card cannot be allotted to individuals who already have a physical PAN card. Following are the features of an e-PAN card-
- e-PAN can be acquired free of cost for a limited period
- e-PAN cards are issued to individuals only and not to HUFs, trusts, organizations, businesses
- The electronic PAN Card is generated by using the details of the applicant’s Aadhaar card
Who can Apply for an e-PAN Card?
An applicant needs to meet the following criteria to apply for an e-PAN card-
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant should be an individual taxpayer and not an organization, trust, association etc
- The applicant should have a valid Aadhaar card
- The applicant’s mobile number should be linked with the Aadhaar card
- An applicant should not have a physical PAN card
- An applicant should have an updated Aadhaar card
How does an e-PAN Card look?
An e-PAN Card reflects the following details-
- Applicant’s name, date of birth and other details
- QR code
- Applicant’s biometric details like digital signature and scanned photo
- Applicant’s father name
- Applicant’s gender
How to Download e-PAN Card Online through UTIITSL Website?
An applicant can download e-PAN Card through UTIITSL by following the easy steps given below-
- Visit the official website of UTIITSL
- Select ‘Apply PAN Card’ under the section ‘For PAN Cards’
- Click on ‘Download e-PAN’
- Enter all the respective fields and complete the form
- An OTP will be sent either on a registered mobile number or email id
- Enter the OTP
- On successful completion, an applicant will be given the option to download e-PAN Card
How to Download an e-PAN Card using the NSDL Portal?
There are two ways to download an e-PAN Card from the official website of NSDL–
1- Download e-PAN Card through Acknowledgement Number
- Enter the acknowledgement number
- Enter ‘Date of birth’
- Write the captcha code and click on submit
- An OTP will be sent to the registered email address or mobile number
- Enter the OTP and download e-PAN Card
2. Download e-PAN Card through PAN Number
- Enter the PAN and Aadhaar number
- Provide the applicant’s date of birth
- Add GSTN number (if provided)
- Tick the guidelines and enter the captcha code
- Click on ‘Submit’ and enter the OTP which is sent to the registered email address or mobile number
- Download e-PAN Card
How to Download an e-PAN Card using the Income Tax Department Website?
The Income Tax Department of India allows an applicant to download e-PAN Cards. All an applicant needs to do is to follow the given instructions-
- Login to the Income Tax Department e-filing website
- Click on ‘Instant e-PAN’ (given at the bottom of the screen)
- Click on ‘Get New e-PAN’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and proceed with the following instructions
- Enter the OTP and confirm all the given details
- Download e-PAN Card
Language : Kannada
Which Department : Education
Central OR State Information: State
Location : Karnataka
Published Date : 2020
Information Term : Short
Purpose of Information : Employee
Information Format : JPJ
Information Size : 672kb
Number of Pages : 02
Scanned Copy : Yes
Information Editable Text : No
Password Protected : No
Image Available : Yes
Download Link Available : Yes
Copy Text : No
Information Print Enable : Yes
File Quality : High
File size Reduced : No
File Password : No
Rate : Free of cost
For Personal Use Only
Save water, Save life’s.!
Please Note ; We have collected this content from the internet ,for education purpose its very helpful to students, if you find this is copyrighted content and belongs to you please contact to the admin to remove this content from our website.
|Apply Online||Go to the Page|
Thanks for Visiting Our website.