Vidyasiri scholarship is launched by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare under the Government of Karnataka. Through, Vidyasiri scholarship 2021-22 program the government will help those scholars who come from a weak financial background and belong to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD in their education in post-matriculation programs. The aim of this program is to help the students of Karnataka in their education and overall development.
The Government of Karnataka is also trying to make the arrangement of scholarship distribution easier through an e-Pass (Electronic Payment and application system of Scholarships). The e-Pass will tie all the departments such as databases of Secondary Scholarship Leaving Certificate (SSLC), treasury, colleges and banks to hassle scholarship distribution to students. Through this article, you will get the details of the Vidyasiri scholarship again, and through this you will also get answers to all the questions.
The Government of Karnataka provides this scholarship in three types:
- Free Hostel Accommodation/Fee for Post-Matric Courses
- Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship for SSLC/Secondary PUC
- Full course fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR
All the 3 three scholarships are providing to the students who are pursuing programs after their 10th standard, across the state. Many different schools and colleges of Karnataka are also associated with these scholarship schemes.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Vidyasiri (Karepass) scholarship|
|Scholarship provider||State Government of Karnataka|
|Scholarship Amount||1500-/ per month|
|Scholarships granted to students of||9th,10th, 11th, 12th, Graduate, Post Graduate|
|Objective||To provide scholarship|
|Mode of application||Online|
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Documents Required
These documents are required while applying for Vidyasiri Scholarship –
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD certificate hand out by the Tahsildar or Sub-Tahsildar.
- A Family Annual Income certificate hand out by the Tahsildar or Sub-Tahsildar.
- School or College issued Transfer Certification. (TC).
- Senior Secondary leaving certificate (SSLC).
- Recent passport sized photographs of the candidate.
- Candidate bank passbook photocopy for the Account details.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To be able to apply for Vidyasiri Scholarship program, the students are will have to satisfy certain conditions which mainly depend on their residence, category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), educational qualifications and their family income. As already mentioned, there are three types of scholarship offered under this scheme. Now, we discuss the eligibility for all these three schemes.
- Free Hostel Accommodation Scheme
- The Karnataka Gov. provides free hostel accommodation/fee for the students who are merit listed and belong to backward classes (SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- This scheme is only available for post-matric students who have passed their 10th standard.
- Prathibha Purskar Scholarship
- To receive this scholarship the applicants, have to meet these eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a permanent inhabitant of the Karnataka state.
- The candidate must belong to backward class such as (SC/ST/OBC/OWD) related to Category-1, Category 2A, 3A, and 3B.
- The candidate should have secured 90% or above in SSLC/ Secondary PUC or equivalent exam held in March/April 2020.
- The family annual income of the candidate should be: For Category-1, up to Rs.2.50 lakhs, For Category 2A, 3A and 3B up to Rs.1 lakh.
- The candidate must study in Government/ Private Schools/Colleges of Karnataka.
- This scholarship is given only a one-time per student for similar courses.
- Full Course Fees Scholarship
- The applicants are required to fulfil these requirements to be eligible for concession in full course fees (vidyasiri fee concession amount).
- The candidate must be a permanent inhabitant of the Karnataka state.
- For the SC/ST candidates, the family annual income shouldn’t be more than 2 lakh per annum.
- For the backward class/PWD candidates, the family income shouldn’t be more than 1 lakh per year.
- The candidate should be doing post-matric programs that are approved by the Government of Karnataka.
- The candidate must have at least 75% attendance.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Application Procedure
The application forms for Vidyasiri Scholarship are available on the official KARe-Pass (Karnataka electronic Payment and application system scholarship) website. When you start applying for the scholarship online, it is suggested that you must read all the instruction/guidelines carefully for each and every scheme. The application form for Devaraj arasu can be applied online as, the incorrect submission may lead to cancellation of the form.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the Vidyasiri Scholarship
- On the homepage, you will be provided with three choices.
- Free Hostel Registration
- Pratibha Purshkar Registration and
- Fresh & Renewal Registrations for PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR.
- Now, you have to select the appropriate option and then, click on “Apply Now” given on the next page.
- After that, you have to fill all the personal details SSLC details, Aadhaar no, Family Annual Income details, etc.
- If you have any type of disability then you have to apply in the PWD category.
- Now, you have to press the “Submit” button for the final submission. After that system will generate an application number automatically.
- Note this application number and then you can check the status of the application form in the future if required.
Note – All those students who are applying from colleges and institutes, will have to apply one week before the last date.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Application Status
Following information is on how to check the status of the applied scholarship form with the help of your application number in the KARePass ePass portal.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the Vidyasiri Scholarship, where its homepage will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, you will have to click on the “Application Status” option from the “Student Services” menu.
- Now, you have to enter your application numbers, SSLC details, academic year, and date of birth.
- Finally, click on the “Get Status” option, the scholarship application status will be displayed on your screen.
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Reward
You can check out the scholarship amount of all three schemes below:
- Free Hostel Accommodation Amount: Hostel Accommodation/Fee is provided to the chosen applicants by the Government of Karnataka based on their merit list.
- PMS FAAS, FC and NUR Scholarship Amount: Consequently, every year about 20,000 applicants take advantage of this scholarship scheme. This scholarship provides students concession in the full fee of the course they are pursuing. When an eligible candidate is shortlisted for this scholarship, the sum amount is directly transferred to his/her accounts.
- Pratibha Purskar Amount: The Pratibha Purskar provides allowance of Rs.10,000 to 1000 to SSLC students and Rs.15,000 to 500 to Secondary PUC students on the basis of their merit.
|Category/Class||Number of students||Amount|
Vidyasiri Scholarship – Post Matric Courses
Scholars who are pursuing the following courses can apply for this scheme:
Group A Comprises the Following Courses
- Degree and P.G level courses including M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral research in Medicine (Indian, Allopath and other acknowledged systems of medicine), Engineering, Planning, Technology, Design, Architecture, Fashion Technology, Veterinary, and Allied Sciences, Agriculture, Management, Computer Science/ Applications, Business Finance/ Administration.
- P.G Diploma courses in different branches of management and medicine.
- Commercial Pilot License (including multi-engine rating and helicopter pilot) courses.
- M.Phil., PhD and Postdoctoral Programmers (D.Litt., D.Sc., Etc.)
- C.A/ I.C.W.A/C.S. /I.C.F. A etc.
Group B Comprises the Following Courses
- U.G courses leading to Degree, Certificate, Diploma in areas like Pharmacy Nursing (B Nursing), (B. Pharma), BFS, LLB, other paramedical branches like diagnostics, rehabilitation etc., Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Commercial Art, Mass Communication, Nutrition & Dietetics, Interior Decoration, Financial services (e.g., Banking, Taxation, Insurance etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum 12th standard (Sr. Secondary).
- P.G courses e.g., MA/ M.com/ M.Sc./M.Ed./M. are not covered under Group Pharma., etc.
Group C: All the programs covered under Group A and courses leading to degree under Group B are not covered e.g., BA/B.Sc./B. Com etc.
Group D: All post-matriculation programs (non-degree) are covered for which the qualification required is High School (Class X) e.g., Senior Secondary Certificate (Class XI and XII); ITI courses, both general and vocational stream, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
Contact Us –
- Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
- Address – No.16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore – 560052.
- Hostel Online Phone: 8050370006, Scholarship Online Phone: 8050770005, Prathibha, IAS/KAS Online Phone: 8050770004
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Language : Kannada
Which Department : Education
Central OR State Information: State
Location : Karnataka
Published Date : 2020
Information Term : Short
Purpose of Information : Employee
Information Format : JPJ
Information Size : 672kb
Number of Pages : 02
Scanned Copy : Yes
Information Editable Text : No
Password Protected : No
Image Available : Yes
Download Link Available : Yes
Copy Text : No
Information Print Enable : Yes
File Quality : High
File size Reduced : No
File Password : No
Rate : Free of cost
For Personal Use Only
Save water, Save life’s.!!
Please Note ; We have collected this content from the internet ,for education purpose its very helpful to students, if you find this is copyrighted content and belongs to you please contact to the admin to remove this content from our website.
|Apply Online||Go to the Page|
Thanks For Visiting Our website.